If you didn’t know, yesterday was Random Acts of Kindness Day. I spent the day lounging about the house being kind to myself. After a twelve-day work week and a busy Valentine weekend, I deserved it!
I’ve seen a lot of posts about this being Random Acts of Kindness Week, so I thought I’d put together some ideas of how you can celebrate it. In my classroom we have a poster that my students can earn a sticker for if they are caught doing an act of kindness. Our goal is one hundred acts. Like a lot of things we do in school, they asked if they get rewarded when they reach one hundred. I said, “Yes! You get the reward of knowing you did one hundred kind things!”
They weren’t thrilled about that answer, but I digress.
In our SkirtSports group we’ve had a ton of ladies sharing ambassador gear and all kinds of fun stuff. I love that sometimes our go-to is free things, but I also feel like there’s so much more we can do.
- Take out someone’s trash/Bring in trashcans.
- Mow someone’s lawn.
- Return your/other’s shopping cart.
- Compliment someone you don’t usually talk to.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Open/hold the door for someone.
- Pay for someone’s coffee.
- Text a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Write a note for a coworker.
- Clean up a mess you didn’t make.
- Donate to a charity.
- Go for a run with a friend.
There are just a few things I can think of that will be sure to brighten someone else’s day.
What can you do this week to make someone smile?