Disclaimer: I received an entry to the Lincoln Park Zoo: Run for the Zoo virtual race to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Since we’re all stuck at home these days many of our favorite races have become virtual. This includes the Lincoln Park Zoo’s race in Chicago. As a Floridian who has only been to Chicago once…I’ve also never been to this zoo. It was on our list when I visited with my family in 2018 to run the Chicago Marathon however, the weather was rainy. I’d also just ran a marathon!
We are living in unprecedented times and this is the first time in 42 years that this race will be virtual. This race is one of the things that helps keep the zoo open every day of the year and keeps it free.
While you may not get to run through the zoo this year, there are still a ton of perks to take advantage of. Here are just a few that you can find on the Run for the Zoo website:
- A 5K and 10K virtual race options to run, walk, or enjoy nature in your community and support the zoo!
- A virtual Safari Stampede race to encourage kids to express their inner animal
- Mailed race packets with themed tech shirts (with a brand new logo for 2020!)
- Commemorative Supporter medals for qualifying participants
- A special virtual race bag with incredible deals from our partners
- Weekly motivational communications
- Digital commemorative participant bib and finishers certificate
Don’t forget, this race if virtual so you can do it whenever and however you want! I know I’ll be looking for a new 5K route to run so it feels like I’m doing something new. (Seriously, I’m tired of seeing the same houses!) It’s also for a great cause. How can you pass that up? Look at this face!
If you’re interested, check out the link above and use the code BIBRAVE10 for 10% off your entry!