This year, in many ways for may people, has been the worst. As Kyle pointed out on Monday, most of us are in need of a little pick-me-up. Some happiness. Some good cheer. I’ll continue Kyle’s theme, by sharing what happy plans are occupying my thoughts when I’m not yelling at the news, my elected officials, my general acquaintance to vote, or my contractors to finish my house. In other words, I’m almost never not yelling, but still.
Also, PLEASE VOTE.
Aaaaanywayyy, right now, my thoughts are consumed with planning for the Holidays. I know, I’m not usually one of those people, but here we are. Take joy where you find it. And reminder, Christmas is a mere 77 days away, people. I have kinda been prepping for this Christmas since last Christmas when I went a little nuts at Michael’s post holiday sale. Plus, my family has been not so casually mentioning how they can’t wait spend Thanksgiving and Christmas in the mountains at the new house. I say FINE WITH US!
Luckily for them there are TONS of Christmasy activities around the mountains where I live, and my husband and I are going to do alllll the things. When Meri came to visit in August I told her ALL about my plans, of which there are many. It’s a month-long itinerary where folks can pick and chose what they want to do with us, if anything. No pressure, of course. But who could resist stuff like:
- Holiday Parade the day after Thanksgiving to start things off right
- Tree cutting and sleigh ride high in the Rockies – I dare you to come up with anything more Christmasy than that
- Holiday Hike to the Boulder Star – I’ll bring along adult hot cocoa for the top
- Ice Skating and Pond Hockey – We’ll hike a mile to the pond near the house and pack spiced rum wassail and pasole. (Mine is a hiking/hockey playing family)
- Cookie Decorating contest with rotating trophy
I have more, but I thought I’d start slow. I’m most looking forward to the sleigh ride, tbh.
Um. This is filling me with the most Christmas-y excitement. I can’t wait to see what fun and festive things you get up to at Pug Mountain Ranch!
Also, yes, everyone… VOTE.