It’s no secret that we Chicks love a themed run. We’ve satisfied our ice cream cravings at Jog ‘N Hog, we’ve run in neon, we’ve begun a race in pristine white and arrived at the finish covered in color. We’ve done the princess thing, the villain thing, the fairy thing, and we’ve got something cooking for the food and wine thing in a few weeks. Themes! Costumes! Photo Opportunities! Gimme, gimme, gimme! Last week though, I received a race advertisement that made me wonder if the whole gimmicky race gimmick had gone too far.
The Tap’N’Run is a 4k race with four beer chugging stations along the course. I love beer and I love running but…really? What’s next? What other wackiness is already out there? (And do we really need to prop up running this much? I think it’s sorta cool on it’s own.)
I love to waste time on my smart phone, so I did the research for you, friends. Here are some other crazy themed races, possibly coming to a city near you:
1. Thanksgiving Dinner 5k- eat a traditional Thanksgiving dish at each kilometer! Cross the finish line and have a slice of pumpkin pie. Each runner gets a pair of Thanksgiving pants with an adjustable waistband.
2. Backwards One Miler- Begin this race at the finish line where you will receive your medal; then race back to the start while walking backwards.
3. Burlesque Run- Race along the Strip in an event that claims it’s the most running you can do with almost none of your clothes on! Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. (No race photography allowed.)
4. #insta5k is the only race that combines a run with a photography competition. Tag your photos along a scenic course!
5. Balls in the Air 5k- You’ll juggle- yes, juggle- along this flat course. Don’t drop the balls!
6. Dash for Mr. Darcy- It’s a truth universally acknowledged that Austenites will do just about anything that involves Darcy. Run this 5k dressed as your favorite character from one of Jane Austen’s novels and cross the finish line to the Wedding March.
7. Reality Run- Vlog your way through this one mile fun run and then post it on our event page. Everyone gets their 5-15 minutes of fame in this race!
8. Pie in the Face Relay- This four mile run is a team event in which each runner gets a pie to the face before they begin. Hope you like banana cream!
Click here for more information on any of these races.
Tell me about your crazy, silly, fun themed races! Real or imaginary.